Monday, January 30, 2017

Disclaimer

From time to time I've heard from people who think I'm nosy or don't understand why someone would be searching for all Gerbics. Some people think I'm after their security questions (mother's maiden name) Some people think I'm looking for money.

I'm doing this as a promise to my father. Before he died he asked me to search for his siblings and find out what happened to them. He would be thrilled that I've gone so much farther. And then it developed past that promise, I found that I really enjoyed this. It is like sorting out jigsaw puzzle pieces from many boxes and trying to make one puzzle. It is addicting and a lot like being a detective.

In my other life I founded and run a team of people from all over the world that writes Wikipedia pages. And this isn't that much different. Everything you find must have some kind of evidence to prove it. And it is preserving history, something that I feel passionate about.

The people whose stories I'm trying to tell are not famous, they might have lived just normal lives. But I really think that everyone's story is special, I don't know if I can find that story, but maybe I will. The documents will give us clues, and the rest might come from knowing the history that was happening in that area at that time.

And lastly, with the invention of the Internet, you really have very little privacy. Everything on this website I was able to find by searching, or paying a few dollars and getting the document from a government body or elsewhere. Put it this way, if someone wants to know something, they can find it. I will NOT be releasing information about living Gerbics, except only in a general way. Once a person has died, they no longer have privacy rights, this has been proven in courts of law many times.

If you are uncomfortable with information you find on this website, then please contact me. Lets work together to make it as accurate as possible, with not revealing anything harmful. Contact me at SusanGerbic@yahoo.com

Thank you and enjoy!